Since KDE 4.9 now uses nepomuk-core and this the Nepomuk2 namespace some changes had to be done to make everything work again. Andreas Cord-Landwehr was so nice to do the dirty work and ported Conquirere to the new Namespace.
While he worked on the port I've decided to add some minor helpers that will deal with large datasets in the program. The new Conquirere now adds a splash screen to show whats going on during the startup and for large datasets it is possible to use a cache to speed up the loading time of all entries.
What's still left is the very long time necessary to load all data into the model if the cache wasn't created.
This will be the main ToDo for the next versions.
After I have started to work on the Nepomuk parts again I wanted to fix the last few missing corners in the Nepomuk MetaData fetcher too.
Now there is a working fetcher that adds:
- a gui to fetch folders and files with a Dolphin Service menu
- an automatic fetcher in the background the files without user interaction
- Plugin for Konqueror to import data from supported websites directly to Nepomuk
- NPAPI Plugin and Extension for Chrome to import meta data from websites
- Everything can be added easily into any other program
Currently only IMDB.com, theTvdb.com and academic.research.microsoft.com are supported.
Because everyone loves screen shots, here is one showing the Chrome integration:
You can get the the source from https://projects.kde.org
What will the future bring?
- support for music files
- maybe support to fetch person data
- more websites to fetch data from